Tuesday 3 September 2019

He's Always a Boffin to Me

He can be a bit crazy, a hobbit gone mad
He is going away, which makes me feel sad
He has no grand weapons, no blades made of steel
He's lost all his wits but he's always a Boffin to me

He will make you run errands, fetch a thing or two
And when you get back, there is still more to do
He makes you to run 'til you tire out your feet
He's bit of a menace but he's always a Boffin to me

Ooh, he has made up his mind
He will travel so far
Soon he's out of my sight
Ooh, but he never gives up
And he never gives in
He will keep his own mind

And he'll ask you to swim in the brown Brandywine
He'll make you bash toads and get covered in slime
He will make you face bats and nasty old trees
Say what you will, but he's always a Boffin to me

Ooh, my dream still persists
I will get him someday
I'll become his dear wife
Ooh, but dangers await
The road is so long
I hope he'll be fine!

It's dangerous business, going out your own door
The road can lead you to a treacherous moor
So I will guide him and let him fool me
Cause I'm a bit crazy and so is he too
And he's always a Boffin to me


About the song

I wrote this one when the Bingo Boffin questline was first inroduced in LOTRO. He is a helpless lad who seeks adventure out of bounds. Even though he is like a menace, you can't just say no to those sweet blue eyes of his... Here's a desperate love song for that lad, best sung to a tune by Billy Joel.


Billy Joel – She's Always a Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment