Wednesday 4 September 2019

Pycella's Patron Poem 2017



It’s Green Dragon Friday
And I am feeling so well
It’s time to meet all of my friends
They have all come here

Old Barmy counts his gold coins
Miss Lina sings with her sweet voice
Miss Acorne greets me with a warm hug
And Nimelia inspects her mug

King Potty straightens his hat
And Fidgit hops with his cat
There’s master Hooh sparkling like a star
Ponso lectures about the parr

Tibba enjoys her pork meal
Rubysue is slicing the veal
Miss Apri comes, but too late again:
Simbo has cleared all the plates

Miss Nannie tells an old tale
Bonkadoc makes a turnip sale
Ambrinna strums the quickest of tunes
As Penny tries to hide her blute

This is my patron poem
To you, my friends, old and new
Friendship's the only ship that I trust
Let me sail it now with you


About the song

I wrote this for the Green Dragon Friday Anniversary in 2017, where folks were asked to write their patron poems. I decided to write a song that covers some of the frequent inn visitors. It is best sung to a tune by miss Baez, Plaisir d'amour.


Joan Baez – Plaisir d'amour

No comments:

Post a Comment