Wednesday 4 September 2019

Walking through the Woods



I'm walking through the woods
I've wander'd so far from home
The trees are watching me
As I plough through the snow

It's getting very dark
I feel my limbs are getting weak
All I dream about 's some rest beside a hearth

Then I see a light
It's shining through the snowy trees
I'm holding my dear breath
I reach a magic world

Snowbeasts lie on the ground
Sleeping peacefully
Snowy grims floating on the icy ponds

I feel I'm getting close
The snowmen are all greeting me
This must be Winterhome
Where no one feels alone

Music streams through the air
Calming, full of joy
Snowflakes dance merrily
In endless whirls

Then, the dream is gone
I wake up in my hobbit hole
Yet I have the strongest feel
That Winterhome is real


About the song

This is another song for the Badgers Yule songpack. You might hear us perform it near the snowhobbits at Winterhome. It is best sung to a similar song, Walking in the Air.


The Snowman – Walking In The Air

No comments:

Post a Comment