Monday 9 September 2019

My Dear Companion


In front of me a misty road
Forsaken land and barren wold.
But I won't be afraid, my dear,
For you, my friend, are always near.

Our path is often full of foes
Equipped with clubs, knives and bows.
But you're all the armour I would need
A guardian who'll never yield.

When I get weary, you carry me
Over hills, brooks and fields.
Your strength doesn't seem to cease
It doesn't know no boundaries.

Dark days might steal my appetite,
My spirits sink in the deep of night.
But your song always cheers me up,
It clears my mind of any doubt.

When the destination is reached,
I can put my mind at ease.
For then, at last, I see the truth:
All I was looking for was... you.


((This was one of my first poems for LOTRO, written for the Summer Poetry Competition 2015.))

No comments:

Post a Comment