Tuesday 3 September 2019

I'm a Little Duck

Quack, quack!
I'm a little duck, living in a pond
With all my siblings and mother
I love having baths, making waves and splats
I can make splashs like no-one other

Time to quack!

Sometimes I'm afraid of stormy weather
It makes me fear
The wind and rain could break my brittle feathers
So I hide in my nest
It's the best
Because, you know...

I'm a little duck, all I do is quack
My life is peaceful a'floating
All I do is swim, no exhausted limbs
My days are about doing nothing

Sometimes I see how hungry hobbits go by
Bellies rumbling
I wonder what they will eat for supper
I shiver
Because you know...

I'm a little duck, loving weeds and mud
Eating worms and small, tasty critters
And if I get stuck, I give a quack
And just call for my mother

I'm a little duck
Just a little duck
Just a little lucky, quacky, fluffy, funny duck
I'm a little duck
Just a little duck
All I ever do is quack

I'm a little duck, just a little duck
All I ever need is mud

All I do is quack-quack
I'm a little quack, with little luck

I'm a little quack
Lucky as a duck
Living in the mud

Quack quack!

Quack quack!

I love to be a small duck
Never wanted to be a chuck
Pointy beaks can get stuck
That surely would be no fun

Quack, quack...

I'm a little duck, and this is my song
To make you all see my quack of view
Don't bake me into pies, let me learn to fly
There is so much to do in a lifetime

Let me splash and swim, flap my small wings
That's what us ducks are made for
And if you disagree and don't leave me be
My dad comes to quack you off
Yes he will!




About the song

Here is a song to quack to! I was inspired to write this song because the horn toots sounded like quacks in the LOTRO version of the song, With a Little Luck, a song by Master Macca.

 

Wings – With a Little Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment